Use the links below to find what you need.
More About Mediation
Q & A
Types of Mediation
Sample Email Forms
Do It Yourself
Get Ready for
Setting an Appointment
Directions to Linda's Office
Agreement to Mediate
New Client Information
Committed Relationship Workshop
Improve Your Communication
Sample Email Forms
SAMPLE EMAIL FORMS
These sample emails can be adapted to your family and your style, and used in communicating with the other parent in a consistent, effective and positive manner. You can also use them as printed memo forms that you hand-deliver or mail to the other parent. Each sample has a unique subject line that is designed to give the other parent a "heads up" that the email will follow a certain pattern and is communicating a certain message.
For each sample email, You can click on the "email now" option. This will bring up the template in email form. Just fill in the "to" and "from" information and customize the details. Or you can click on the title of the template to download it in Microsoft Word form and cut and paste it into your own email program. If you use the Word version, when you are emailing the other parent, use the "subject" line from the template as the subject heading of your email.
If the other parent receives one of these emails and it has a "Reply" section, all that parent needs to do is hit "reply", check one of the options, and send.
INDEX OF SAMPLE EMAILS
- Temporary Request for Schedule Change -
- Use this to ask for a one-time or short-term change in the schedule.
- Option for Additional Time -
- Use this when you are not available during your parenting time and you want to offer the other parent the first chance to be with the child.
- Medical Update -
- Use this to let the other parent know about a medical appointment, when there is a change in your child's health, when you've given your child medication, etc.
- New Activity - Shared Decision Request -
- Use this when you need to talk to the other parent about a new activity or event you would like your child to be involved in.
- Concern about our Child -
- Use this when you have a concern about your child that you want to share or discuss with the other parent.
- Event Notice/Update -
- Use this to let the other parent know about an event involving your child.
- Child Location Notice/Update -
- Use this to let the other parent know that your child will be somewhere other than the usual place. You might combine this with the Temporary Request for Schedule Change, if you would have to change the schedule in order for your child to attend the event.
- Parent Location Notice/Update -
- Use this to let the other parent know that you will be somewhere other than the usual place, either with or without your child. You might combine this with the Temporary Request for Schedule Change, if you would have to change the schedule in order for you to attend the event.
All text, graphics & information on this site © 2014 Linda Scher