Linda Scher
Family Mediator and Facilitator

3282 SE Hawthorne Blvd., Portland, OR 97214, 503-232-8550,

Site Navigation

Use the links below to find what you need.


About Linda
    Contact Info
    Client Testimonials
    Linda's Résumé
More About Mediation
    Q & A
    Types of Mediation
    Four Steps
    Talker Listener
About Divorce
    Resource List
Special Issues
for Parents
    Parent Education
    Parenting Plans
    Parent Pledge
    Sample Email Forms
Do It Yourself
    Asset Checklist
    Holiday Checklist
    Parenting Plans
Get Ready for
your Appointment
    Setting an Appointment
    Directions to Linda's Office
    Agreement to Mediate
    Confidentiality Agreement
    New Client Information
    Budget (PDF)
    Budget (Excel)
    Asset Checklist
    Holiday Checklist
    Mediation Costs
    Committed Relationship Workshop
Improve Your Communication
    Sample Email Forms
    Four Steps
    Talker Listener

Who Else Can Help


CPA, Tax Preparer to help you understand the tax choices and implications of a potential settlement

Financial Planner, Certified Divorce Planner to help you make a detailed plan for the future, and identify personal needs and predict the long-term effect of various options considered

Appraiser, Real Estate Agent, Mortgage Broker, Bank to help you explore options around selling a house, refinancing a house and/or buying a house.

Debt Counseling and Consolidation Services to help you work out a plan for paying off debt (look for non-profit companies)


Attorney to help you understand the legal process and analyze your options in with an understanding of predicted outcomes in the legal system (the attorney may act in a consulting role or a representative role) See Use of Attorneys page.


Books, Internet Resources, Videos, etc. self-help resources to help you learn about divorce and separation, to understand the process and your own reactions to it. One outstanding site for family law information, forms and parenting plan information is the State of Oregon's Judicial Branch


Individual Therapist to help you to process your feelings and find ways to move forward

Group Therapist to help you normalize and see the success of others

Couples Therapist to help the two of you to focus on deeper relational work than mediation offers

Psychiatrist if you might need deeper treatment and/or medical intervention


County Mandated or Private Classes to help you to understand your child's needs and point of view

Go to Parent Education Classes for a county-by-county list of mandatory parent education classes.


Vocational Counselor to help you to form a career plan

College Counselor to help you explore specific programs, admittance requirements, timeline, costs

Transitional Classes to help you gain self-confidence and practical skills for re-entry into the workforce (formerly called "Displaced Homemaker" classes)

All text, graphics & information on this site © 2014 Linda Scher