1. I understand that all discussions during mediation are confidential. The mediator will not testify in court concerning the content of mediation and will not disclose written records of mediation sessions. Other than set forth below, the mediator will not disclose any information shared in mediation sessions with anyone outside of the office.
2. I understand that it is the mediator's duty to report any intent to seriously harm someone, or any child or elder abuse.
3. I understand that information from individual sessions will be withheld unless I consent to its disclosure to the other person. I further understand that my decision to have the mediator withhold any information will be respected, but might result in the mediator choosing to end the mediation process.
4. The mediator may seek professional consultation with another colleague regarding the case. I understand that any consultation will be confidential and anonymous.
5. I give my permission for the mediator to speak with my attorney regarding the progress of mediation.
6. I understand that our final mediated agreement is not confidential unless we specifically agree otherwise.
7. I will not disclose any information shared in mediation session to anyone with whom I do not have a privileged confidential relationship as defined by ORS 40.225-.273 (which includes lawyers, doctors, and counselors) without the express permission of the other person.
THE MEDIATOR HAS EXPLAINED THIS TO ME AND I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE:
Name & Date
Name & Date
|I agree that mediation information may be disclosed by the other person, in a respectful and non - disparaging manner, to:||I agree that mediation information may be disclosed by the other person, in a respectful and non - disparaging manner, to:|
Linda R. Scher
3282 S.E. Hawthorne Blvd.
Portland, OR 97214 (503) 232-8550
All text, graphics & information on this site © 2004 Linda Scher